The purpose of the LIPHA is to serve the needs of Long Island’s professional horsemen and exhibitors as well as give aid to needy members. The LIPHA also offers a Scholarship Program to Professional, Associate and Junior members attending college.
We strive to:
- To provide assistance to Professional members in time of need within limits established by this Chapter’s membership.
- To provide a death benefit to Professional members according to the amount and criteria established by this Chapter.
- To establish and administer a scholarship program for Professional, Associate and Junior members.
- To sponsor clinics, forums or seminars as educational activities to aid in the protection, care, training and use of horses and ponies.
- To promote and foster interest in the horse industry.
- To represent professional horsemen, owners and exhibitors by encouraging high standards for horse shows.
- To offer consultation and encouragement to show managers for the improvement of shows.
- To encourage good sportsmanship among Chapter members.